Beulah's Place of Expression

Beulah's Place of Expression is designed to allow for the expression of creativity through spoken word, poetry, thought processes, and divine insight and deliberation. All expression is thought to be revealed by the Divine Creator of the Heaven and Earth. Enjoy your stay at Beulah's Place as you allow the words, in any form expressed, to open, stretch, and take you on a wonderful journey of affirmation and communication.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Lasting Impressions.......

As I sit here sipping coffee, taking a relaxation break from the to-do-lists, cooking, sweeping and mopping, I am reminded that tomorrow is a day of Thanksgiving. I am also reminded that all blessings come from above and it is a privilege to partake in this day of thanks. While shopping, cleaning, cooking, and socializing, we can't forget that others around the world are not so fortunate. I am very thankful, on this day especially, because on last night, while visiting my aunt, she blessed me with my deceased grandmothers fine china. I almost cried as I held the delicate dishes with the dainty pattern of wheat scrolling throughout them in my hands. I was overwhelmed by this act of kindness because I missed my grandmother so much and during holidays those memories of her seem to intensify her absence.

I can remember my grandmother allowing me to assist her with setting the table with those precious plates, and saying to me "be careful love" and "don't chip the plates or cups by clanging them together love", that was her pet name for me and I was always so very careful because I counted it a honor to touch them. As I look at the plates, saucers, bowls, cups, servers, and dessert dishes, I see the wear and tear and the pattern is slightly faded from many years of usage, but those dishes bring back memories of my grandmother, aunt, and mother in the kitchen cooking and laughing, while my cousins and I sat around trying to figure out what adults found so funny. I was always the one that liked to sit and watch the adults and even when they would run me off, I would linger outside the door, not wanting to be far from them.

I am now a grown woman that has children of my own, and as I stir around in my very own kitchen laughing with other relatives and friends, I am still reminded of those times when I was a child. I will set my table tonight with my grandmothers fine china, and as I place every plate in its place, I will remember not to clang them together and not drop them because they are delicate and dainty. I will remind my sons that the plates are a hidden treasure, as they ask me, "why are you crying Momma." I will tell them that on this day those dishes have made a lasting impression.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bargain123.com said...

I call this the Coffee and the Coffee Cup. Which was more important the Coffee (Grandma allowing you to set the table and its lasting impressions on your life now) Or the Coffee Cup ( How beautiful the dishes truly are )

Enjoy your Coffee! "The happiest people don’t have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything." Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. . . Leave the rest to God.

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home